In order to start playing UniBall you will need the following:
Once installed to the directory of your choosing feel free to join BR Chat by clicking on the BRChat icon in your UniBall directory, or start playing the game by clicking on UniBall.
Things to know:
Below is a list that is designed to explain some vital parts of UniBall and how to get your UniBall career started off on the right foot.
- What is this BR Chat thing I've heard so much about?
BR Chat is the chat program associated with UniBall. BR Chat allows players to communicate with one another outside of the game itself, and is the number one source for any additional help you may need.
- Alright, Cool! So.. I'm bored chatting, how do I actually play this "UniBall"?
If you'd like to learn the basics of the game, we recommend you have a look at Drakling's UniBall Guide.
In order to start up UniBall, simply press the UniBall icon in the top left portion of the BR Chat window or open the UniBall.exe file located in the location of where you installed UniBall to. With the login screen open, if you haven't yet, it is highly recommended to check out the UniBall configuration to make sure your controls and resolution suit your needs. Once you feel as if you're ready to begin, connect to the server and presto! You're ready to start playing.
- Hm, What's the deal with all of these servers?
Upon connecting to the UniBall server, the Game Selection window will display the current servers that are up and running. You may choose to play on any of them that are listed, but be advised that some servers are more actively played on than others. Once you see a game that looks interesting, simply click on the name of the game and press "Join Game"!
- Well that's all fine and dandy, but what if I want to make my OWN game?
If you wish to make your own game, the process is rather simple:
- From the dropdown menu, choose the server you wish to create your game on
- Choose a map from the Map Selection list (simply highlight a map by clicking on it)
- Type in your game name (usually something descriptive such as 2vs2 Miniball), and other game information
- Press "Create Game" and you're done!
- I keep getting kicked out of games, and being called a noob.. do I smell bad?
No, your stench is not the problem in this case. The game of UniBall tends to have a learning curve that everyone must endure, but don't let this or other people get you down! Miniball is a great map to get your feet wet, and often welcomes people of all skill levels. So get in there, and show the people who kicked you who they're dealing with!
If you have any other questions regarding anything associated with UniBall, feel free to stop in the Support channel of BR Chat (/join Support).