Black / White Screen

Issues, Bugs and other Problems
zoron
Uniball Admin

Black / White Screen

Post by zoron » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Some new players are getting only a black or white screen when they first join the lobby. The client then stays on this black and white screen.

zoron
Uniball Admin

Re: Black / White Screen

Post by zoron » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:02 am

Possibly solution to this is:

1) Right-click on your desktop, then open NVIDIA Control Panel
2) Head to "Manage 3D Settings" > Program Settings > Select Uniball, or add it if it isn't there.
3) Select the preferred graphics processor for the program: "Integrated Graphics"

zoron
Uniball Admin

Post by zoron » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:28 pm

A 2nd Option that has also worked:

Reinstall > restart > retry

gran

Post by gran » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:26 pm

This guy says for him it works when starting it from explorer as opposed to Steam

gran

Post by gran » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

One other cause for black/white screen and crashes is software interfering with Uniball. To find out if you have such software running you must follow the steps in the link below, BUT:
1) At step 3 or 4 make sure that you "Hide all Microsoft services" BEFORE you click "Disable all", otherwise you might break something
2) After you clicked on "Disable all", click the checkbox next to "Steam Client Service" to enable it:

Remember those 2 things and go do this: How to perform a clean boot in Windows

If Uniball works normally after restart then you have some software that interferes with it, and to identify it follow the steps in the section "How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot"

===================

When you are done testing remember to revert Windows to its normal boot sequence by following the steps in the "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" section.

GrAe

Post by GrAe » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:14 pm

zoron, i don't have this issue and tried what u said and failed at first step, i don't have any "NVIDIA control panel" or any kind of NVIDIA settings, need to give more detailed solutions for people that don't have NVIDIA cards/graphics e.t.c because you're "solution" is irrelevant and does not work for my machine, searching my machine doesnt show ANY "NVIDIA" files what so ever