It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: League for noobs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:10 am 

I am currently developing a bot based league designed for new players. I believe it would be a good incentive for people who are not good enough yet to play in leagues like mb3 or usc. I see new players trying to play on those leagues and people just boot them, leave the draft when they join and bitch at them when they don't play good enough.
Since everyone likes competition, they would get that with this league but without people raging at them and refusing to play with them. They would also be able to play in a game with players of very close skill level which would make games more interesting.
Every player with less than lets say 3 or 4 days spent playing would be eligible to play. Players with more than that could still be able to play if they're not good enough. Oh and the map will of course be miniball.

Please tell me what you think and give me your suggestions.

Post subject: Re: League for noobs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:26 am 

How will you stop "skilled" player from playing? Refs ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:35 am 

Yeh, refs will control that. If they aren't new they won't be approved. If they smurf in, there would be admin refs to ban them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:09 am 

so you're going to stop all people that are halfway decent? why would you want to stop players that try to help them?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:24 am 

nice. you could extend it to pros as well, like how fast can you win 1v5 mini.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:24 pm 

if your plans are big enough, why not make a league with several divisions, where only nubs are allowed in the youth division and when they get good enough they are promoted to a higher division

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:50 pm 

...I will talk Portuguese because Im not good at English and because killer is Portuguese

Killer eu acho que devia de haver uma liga nao para os noobs que nao conseguem jogar MB3, porque eles nao deviam de jogar em ligas durante os primeiros dias mas sim games pro fun e para aprenderem a jogar.O que eu acho e que devia de haver uma liga para os meio noobs como eu, que ficam fdd's de jogar na MB3 pkausa dos noobs que ainda nao aprenderam a jogar e que querem jogar logo nas ligas, e porque nos nao conseguimos jogar UBO porque somos noobs para jogar numa liga como essa. Eu acho que devia de haver uma liga como a MnM para nos. E tambem com o sistema igual a da MB3, que quando estão 6 jogadores ja nao podem entrar mais.

Cumps Mistik_pt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:21 pm 

Don't fret, mistik!

Killer I think there was not a league for noobs who can not play MB3 because they were not playing in leagues during the first days but pro fun games and learning to jogar (run). O and ('lo and behold), I think that was the there (is the was it) is a league for the way noobs like me who are fdd's playing in MB3 pkausa of noobs who have not yet learned to play and who want to play soon (sos stop playing mb3 ffs) in the alloys (yea I lost it here too), and why cannot we play UBO because we are noobs to play in a league like this (as it reads). I think there was a league like the MnM to us. And also with the system equal to the MB3, when they are six players already can not get more.

Cumps (a short, thick piece of wood), Mistik_pt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:42 am 

I wouldn't put it past mistik to actually say all that in english in that exact way (except the part where you said sos should stop playing mb3 since I don't do that anyway you cunt)