ADMIN CHALLENGE

Uniball Related Talk
zoron
Uniball Admin

Re: ADMIN CHALLENGE

Post by zoron » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Message me and tell me what you need to continue pushing the game forward. I cannot think of a single time we ever said "no" to a new idea. While my activity has been down due to many new changes in my life. I will gladly help you where you need it to keep the game going.

-Alien-

Post by -Alien- » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:44 am

shadow wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:38 pm
Any admins feel like dropping their 2 cents?
Stop attacking the admins Shadow. They got made to moderate a game, not bring everyone into it. Yes the admins have a higher sense of responsibility than most of the UB community, but that is not to say it's their sole responsibility to ensure the survival of the game. That was never their role (or anyones for that matter), their role was to ensure fair play was made in and throughout the game.

One of the main problems with UB has always been that veteran players don't give the newer players enough chance. We are starting to see the full repercussion of that now. However attacking admins and saying it's their fault - that's no good either. The only way I see realistically going forward to get new players to the game is for more old players to be active. New players are finding this game at times and seeing it with 10 people in the lobby max and no games going on. Obviously they're going to try check it out, see it's weird / dead / not working - leave and never come back.

Lets get a calendar online, arrange some games and start playing them. That is the only way to make UB active again. I at one time made a website called UniballGS.com which no one bothered to use which was for game scheduling. I also own http://www.masterub.com/ which are tips and improvements for new players. Scheduling games in will make the game be more active again and hopefully draw people into the game. Then the next important thing to do is get new players who find our game into the game by hosting events like iron ring / ultimate which are not crucial to winning but more about having fun.

I have done my part over the years of helping players move from a phase of newbie to advance / intermediate players because I was the one who played mini and bothered to teach them. I even want to continue to do so to ensure the survival of this absolutely amazing game but I have a lot of stuff going on in life right now. Now that I don't have the time to do that anymore it seems the new player influx has decreased. I'm sure if some of the players I helped teach they would say I helped them get their feet in this game, just as Globe helped me when I was new. All the community must now do that for the game to survive.

TL;DR: Get a calendar together to let vets know when a game is coming up, draw in new players and teach them properly and band together to make the new generation of uniballers by teaching them your old knowledge.

EDIT: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Uniba ... 658875644/
Last edited by -Alien- on Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HawkSlayer

Post by HawkSlayer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:13 am

shadow wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:26 am
shadow wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:07 pm
mop wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:15 pm
hi
trash
still trash